A big shout out to K.M. at the Ankor You blog for nominating me for the versatile blogger award! This modern Renaissance Woman has it all going on, from fashion and glamour to the scary world of dating, telling it like it is with wit, humor and class! If you haven’t checked out her blog yet, head on over – what are you waiting for?
I’m super psyched to receive this nomination, because I often wonder if my blog is too ‘all over the place’. Variety is the spice of life, but being bombarded by a dozen different things can get a little annoying. Alas, my fears have been allayed – you like me, (at least one person 😉 ) really likes me!
Because they’re super awesome for realizing your super awesomeness, thank the person that nominated you, and include a link to their blog.
Share the love and joy and nominate 15 blogs of your choice.
Then, time to confess! Share 7 facts about yourself.
Seven Facts about me:
- I am owned by two terriers, a tall, wire haired Jack Russell named Tempest, and a Schnauzer mix named Sullivan. These rescue pups rule all of Terrierland (my house) with an iron paw, but are so sweet and loving that you can’t help but adore them. I highly suspect that my husband married me for the dogs.
- Since moving to New Hampshire last year, I’ve become somewhat obsessed with moose. If you’ve never seen one, they’re like a cross between a horse and a camel and for some strange reason I could stare at them all day.
- I’ve been writing stories since I could write words. There’s a trunk at my parents’ house filled with treasured titles ranging from Midget 314 (please excuse the un-PC title – I was eight) to Rainbow Valley to The Beast.
- I’ve completed 3 novels. None are published, but my queries have met with mild success and I have high hopes that one day you’ll be able to find something I’ve written on the shelves of your local bookstore.
- I am the mistress of the universe when playing the game Clue. I’m not being cocky when I say that I can’t be beat. Okay, so maybe these are the skills I went to college for, but I was the reigning champ long before then.
- I originally wanted to get a doctorate in zoology. Turns out there’s three years of Calculus required for that, which kind of squashed that dream. So I changed to archaeology, which was fascinating, but not likely to pay the bills. I ended up with degrees in Crime Scene Technology and Physical Anthropology. I now only use all that hard earned knowledge for which I am still paying for while writing fiction or playing Clue, but make no mistake about it – I’ve seen dead people. I just don’t want to see any more.
- I am currently in the exact middle of conquering the 48 NH 4,000 footers, which means I have hiked to the summit of 24 of the peaks reaching over 4,000 feet in the state of New Hampshire. Only 24 left to go!
And my nominees are: